Wednesday 12 September 2012

Move to the Botanic gardens in 2009




Well I thought it might take me most of the summer to sort out my photos, and in the process I’ve learned a few lessons! Always label your photos! Take two of everything! Always keep a copy of your original download, and save the photos in two formats for editing and for the web! If I’d done all this it would have saved me hours! Anyway, here are the first batch of photos which I hope you enjoy and which should be a nice trip down memory lane for the people involved!


In 2009, the classes were moved to the University of Bristol Botanic Gardens and we held our first exhibition in the Holmes. It was a wonderful setting and co-incided with the National Gardens Scheme open days, so we had lots of visitors.
 






View of the lake.












The Linnaeus Study Room, situated in the grounds and where the classes are held.




The very first day I visited to see the room and check the facilities, a watercolour class was in progress and who should be teaching it but a very old friend of mine Jenny! 

We'd discovered some years ago we'd both attended the same boarding school in Surrey, so this was a second amazing co-incidence! From that moment on I knew I was in the right place at the right time!
 





The classroom inside


No comments:

Post a Comment